- 175g cacao butter
- 5tbs cacao powder
- 5 tbs maple syrup/rice malt syrup or 1 tsp vanilla stevia drops
- 1tsp vanilla essence
Crunchy nut coconut
- ½ cup chopped hazelnuts
- ¼ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 4 tbs desiccated coconut
Crunchy choc mint
- 1tsp peppermint essence
- ½ cup cacao nibs (optional)
- Slowly melt cacao butter in a glass bowl by boiling water in a small pot, with the glass bowl on top. Do not let the glass bowl touch the water. Keep stirring cacao butter with a wooden spoon until melted. Remove from heat.
- Using a spatula, stir in cacao powder, agave and vanilla. Taste for personal preference: add more agave or cacao if you like it sweeter or darker.
- Separate half of the chocolate mixture into a pouring jug. Mix in crunchy nut ingredients and carefully pour into moulds. Repeat same process with choc mint ingredients with remaining chocolate mixture. Place in fridge or freezer for 20 minutes. Pop out and enjoy!
- Happy Easter!
A LITTLE MORE INFO…
Easter time might be exciting to receive chocolate, but it is also just as fulfilling making your own!
These vegan Easter chocolates are easy and scrumptious. I have offered two ways to make them including crunchy nut coconut, and crunchy choc mint. You can always change it up by adding other things like smashed honeycomb, macadamias, orange essence, or simply on their own.
The best part about these vegan chocolates is that unlike popular coconut oil chocolate, these stay hard at room temperature! Depending on your climate, it is best to still keep them in the fridge when they are not being eaten.
If you do not have any chocolate moulds, you could use things like muffin trays, small containers, or make a big slab in a slice form.
Eat sparingly! xx