Raw chocolate ingredients
- 2.5 Tbs Cacao powder x2
- 1 Tbs rice malt syrup or maple syrup x2
- 2 Tbs melted coconut oil x2
Coconut filling ingredients
- ½ cup dessicated coconut
- 1Tbs maple or rice malt syrup, or 1/4 tsp vanilla stevia drops
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 2-4 drops peppermint essential oil
- Combine 1 batch of chocolate ingredients in a small pouring jug and stir vigourously with a spoon or spatula. Evenly pour into individual silicone muffin moulds, about 0.4cm deep. Place in freezer for 3 minutes. You want them to almost be set, but not completely.
- In a small blender combine coconut filling ingredients just to bring it together (about 5-10 seconds). Do not sweat it if you do not have a blender – just combine in a bowl with a spoon. The blender just helps to break down the strands a little which helps with assembly.
- Place small tsps of coconut mixture onto each chocolate mould and press down firmly with finger or small teaspoon.
- Mix second chocolate batch and pour over the top of each one. Freeze for a further 15-20 minutes and pop out individually. Keep in fridge or freezer when not being eating.
A little bit more info…
Raw coconut chocolate has done its dash in my kitchen. When it first came about I made it every week. My family and friends loved it and couldn’t believe how delicious, yet fast it is to make.
So you can imagine I was kind of sick of this raw treat after making it 50 times and many different ways. But this recipe serves a purpose and that purpose is to feed those chocolate cravings when you urgently need it – and yes, chocolate is a legitimate emergency sometimes!
There are so many ways you can jazz up this 3-ingredient treat. Some of those I have made include adding peanut butter for Raw ‘Reece’s peanut butter cups’, or dried fruit and nut for a crunchy, texture filled slab of chocolate (although you should avoid dried fruit on any gut healing protocol or with fructose malabsorption).
When I made this, I was feeling like a bounty… and then I also thought how good mint chocolate was. So why not combine the two? These raw mint slice bounties are super easy and everyone will love them.