- Butternut pumpkin
- Olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1/2 Cup rinsed quinoa
- Red or green kale, roughly chopped
- Roasted cashews, pine nuts or almonds, chopped
- 3 thinly sliced spring onions
- 2 Tbs dried currants
- 1 Handful baby spinach
- 2 Tbs fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs dijon or wholegrain mustard
- Chilli for garnish
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Slice butternut pumpkin into 6x 1 inch thick rounds (you probably won’t use a whole pumpkin, but you can double the recipe if you’re serving four). Scrape out any seeds. Evenly space rounds onto baking paper on a tray, drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 20 minutes or until just browning on edges and cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the quinoa by adding with double the water (and a bit more for good luck) to either a microwave steamer or to a pot. Cook in the microwave for 12 minutes, or, bring to a simmer on the stove top and stir regularly until cooked through (you may also need extra water to prevent it drying out. Once cooked, place aside with lid off.
- Add remaining ingredients to the quinoa and stir through.
- Stack up 3 pumpkin pieces, top or fill with quinoa and serve. Drizzle with extra olive oil and garnish with chilli or fresh herbs.