Hearty chicken and vegetable stew
A winter warmer that’s an easy throw-together recipe that can be substituted for anything on hand. The pressure cooker makes this a meal under 30 minutes but can still be made on the stove top in under an hour.
- Pressure cooker
- 1 onion diced
- 2 chicken breasts diced
- 6-8 cups root vegetables sweet potato, pumpkin, carrot etc
- 4 garlic cloves crushed or finely chopped
- 4 cups liquid stock, bone broth or filtered water
- 4-6 tbs fresh sage and rosemary roughly chopped
- 1 cup green beans chopped in half
- 2 handfuls fresh spinach roughly chopped
- Put pressure cooker or pot onto heat. Add a good lug of extra virgin olive oil and sauté onions.
- Add chicken and stir until al sides are sealed. Add a good sprinkle of sea salt too.
- Add the rest of the ingredients except spinach, lock pressure cooker and turn onto meat setting for 11 minutes, or if using stove top, leave on low heat on simmer for a good half an hour or until all veggies are cooked through.
- Once finished, stir through chopped spinach and season to taste with salt and pepper. Enjoy.