- Taco mince 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- ½ cup cooked kidney beans
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- ½ onion, diced
- Fresh cos lettuce leaves, washed
- Extra coriander leaves for garnish
- ½ Tbs oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp each of onion and garlic powder
- ½ tsp cracked pepper
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tbs cumin and paprika
- 1 diced tomato
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup coriander, roughly chopped
- Juice of ½ lime
- 1 mashed avocado
- ¼ lime squeezed
- pinch of salt
- Prepare lettuce leaves by washing off any grit, patting dry with towel and placing on your serving plates.
- Prepare fresh salsa by mixing all salsa ingredients together in a bowl and the guacamole in another bowl.
- For the filling, heat oil in a large pan on medium-high heat. Sauté onion for two minutes until just translucent. Add garlic, lentils, beans and taco seasoning, and stir around for 3 minutes. Season with salt to your desired taste. Place into a serving bowl.
Spring is back and so are our clean appetites
Time to dust off the winter warmer cravings and eating more fresh and wholesome raw foods again.
Now I’m not dissing carbs, because lord only know hows much I love ’em. But this is certainly a delicious tex-mex way to cut back and still enjoy the comfort of tacos – plus they’re gluten free!
These low carb lettuce leaf tacos are just the perfect dinner to please everyone.
- You could even go dark green with kale instead of lettuce leaves.
- Instead of lentils and beans, you could swap in tempeh, or fish.
- And if your time-strapped, pre-bought taco seasoning will stand in for DIY
Don’t be daunted by the ingredients list – it seems big, but they’re all morsels that can be whipped up in a jiffy.
Get crunchin’ munchkins!